Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Good Job, Shooby Doo

In my last post I threw a fit about caterers not adhering to my demands that they respond within minutes to my inquiries, and also make up a song about me and send flowers to me.  Ravishing Raddish just got back to me today, a billion weeks later.  No good, guys.

I issued a challenge to Shooby Doo Catering in that same post, and to my delight, they have come through for me.  I got an email four hours later (at 2 a.m.) from one of the owners with an itemized quote AND answers to all the questions I had rattled off.  It wasn't a cold profeshonal email, either... there were exclamation points!!1!one

We have an appointment to meet with them this Saturday to discuss the menu.  And that's how business is done.

I picked up my dress today.  It's mine, my very own!  I was a size 20 when I tried their sample on a few months ago... but I was a small size 20, and the salesgirl was confident that I could be laced into an 18 if they had one on hand.  So I got ambitious and ordered a 16. 

Now it's now and I'm a solid 22, and I was dreading the dress pickup because I wasn't going to be able to try it on.  It had also been a shitty day and I just walked in to Alfred Angelo pissed off to begin with.  But magically, as if to deliver me (if only for a moment) from traffic and rain and all the other things going wrong, the size 16 fits over my hips and can be laced loosely enough to fit myself in it.  I could not lose any weight between now and July and still be able to rock this bitch down the aisle, ya'll. 

Moral of the story: that's why you always get a lace-up wedding dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment