My name is Megan. I'm 27. I live in Seattle. I used to live in Japan - for four years! - and until very recently that's been the most defining aspect of my life.
For those of you who followed me here from LiveJournal, I hate to make you update your RSS feeds, but there's not much going on in my LJ community any more. Most of my friends there have left, and to be honest, after I moved away from Japan, my LJ blog lost a lot of its appeal. It was a way for me to keep in touch with friends while I was living abroad, and I had some readers who found me just because of the Japan aspect. Living in the United States is not exciting in the same way that living in Japan is, but I never really lost the Japan frame of mind when writing. "Post Office Adventures" just doesn't hold quite the same appeal in one's home country.
Since the steady decline and eventual cessation of posts a year ago, there's been plenty that I want to write about; I just never had the time, and the pressure to make it sound as interesting as Life in Japan zapped any enthusiasm I had.
This blog will change that! I don't have any neat theme to tie it together, but I want to share with you my thoughts, and recipes, and movie reviews, and the reasons why I quit the first job I've had in the States after two years smack in the middle of a recession. I spend a lot of time thinking about what I would do with a million dollars, and where the next best Happy Hour will be. Maybe people will read this for ideas on how to save money in Seattle, or for knitting/crochet project ideas, or for pictures of my cat. I have several grand illusions of how this blog will evolve, and I'm sure none of them will become reality.
In the meantime, I hope you enjoy my collection of well-meaning rants that will hopefully appear on a semi-regular basis.
No comments:
Post a Comment